Friday, October 12, 2012

Announcing the death of Prossie Odong Lubowa



It is with a deep sense of regret that we announce the passing away of Mrs Prossie Odong Lubowa a Ugandan member of the AfChix Africa Group. She passed away on the 8th of October 2012. She leaves behind a 3 week old baby boy and husband.

Prossie joined the then Linux Chix Africa Uganda Chapter in 2006. She continued to participate in various activities. She was a remarkable young woman and we remember her for her pro-activeness.

Some of you will remember her during the LinuxChix Africa Workshop: March 12-16, 2007 in Nairobi, Kenya. Please click here to see some pictures.

She was also part of the AfNOG workshop that took place in Rabat, Morocco in 2008.

Prossie was laid to rest at her home in Mbuya, Uganda on the 10th of October 2012. May Prossie's soul rest in perfect peace. May God console our hearts - particularly her husband, son Ian and families.

If you wish to pass your condolence messages please comment on this post.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

    I can't get over it but just get through it. Neither can I get by it, because I can't get around it. It won't get better but will just get different.

    However, I know for certain that I have not lost her to death because she will continue to participate in every act, thought and decisions I will make. Her love leaves an indelible imprint in my memory. I find comfort in knowing that my life has been enriched by having shared her love. While another back was turned at me, she still loved and never judged me.

    There are lots I was gathering myself to tell you about our past, I regret why I never womaned myself enough to. It's too late now because I will never know the answers to my fears, regrets and wishes, a lesson that we should always face our fears. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prossy,
    you loved so deeply,
    laughed heartily,
    shared so generously,
    cared immensely;
    the depth of hurt makes me tear endlessly,
    the commitment you showed my family will always be remembered
    I feel sad that we didnt reciprocate it enough
    I will miss yo daily pokes on FB
    My heart cries out for your son and Hubby
    I cant imagine the hurt they feel if me a friend feels this way
    Everyday I try to fit the puzzle on as to why or how and cant seem to get an answer
    Only God knows and only He can take care of Ian and Biti like you fondly called him
    And so I shall just prayerfully place them in God's hands so that only He can comfort
    and give peace that is supernatural !!!
    The pain you left is so deep for a human heart to avert....
    Rest in peace,My dear Friend!!!

    Doreen Obie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in peace Prossie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remembered my friend Prossie, you are not forgotten, hope your smiling down on us in peace where you are, till we meet again, you will always be missed.

    ReplyDelete